Barb has over 20 years of experience working with breastfeeding families. Barb is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
What is an IBCLC?
IBCLCs are health professionals who are:
- Recognised around the world as having the only standardised, board certified breastfeeding credential available
- Knowledgeable about up-to-date and evidence-based breastfeeding practices
- Experienced in a wide variety of breastfeeding situations
- Sensitive to the needs of mothers and their children as they work with mothers to meet their breastfeeding goals.
Barb's qualifications include:
- BA - University of Melbourne
- Dip Ed - University of Melbourne
- Diploma in Parent Education - Chisholm Institute
- Cert IV Breastfeeding Education (Counselling) - Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Cert IV Breastfeeding Education (Community) - Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Prenatal education and support
- Positioning and attachment
- Breast and nipple problems
- Dealing with low milk supply or oversupply
- Sleep and settling
- Colic, reflux, allergies and and unsettled babies
- Low weight gain
- Strategies for returning to work or study
- Breastfeeding babies with special needs
- Helping your baby to sleep
Barb's services are aimed at assisting families with sleep and lactation.